Saturday, July 10, 2010

uhhhh....

I got peed on today.

I was walking through Florentine, thinking about how good it was to be alive and in Israel, walking around- an independent woman, and then I was stopped to be asked where the nearest grocery store was.

Nevermind the joy in understanding what he was asking. Nevermind my elation in being able to give legitimate directions to the grocery store. Passing by at that very moment was a pug (oh the irony, seeing as we've been singing the Abramson children's 'Hug a Pug' for the past two weeks).

And then, the flood-gates of that small bladder opened as the dog is walking and peeing. On my foot. On my foot!

Poor Shy, the guy that was asking for directions, because mid-sentence I yelp, "The dog just peed on me!"

The man walking the dog turned around and offered an apologetic half smile...probably was more smug that his dog has the uncanny ability to urinate while walking than was sorry that my poor foot had been showered.

The Lord has a sense of humor. I had just been thinking about how i needed to add a post to the blog but wasn't sure what I should even be writing about...voila! Pee on foot.

And an opportunity to share the gospel with Shy. As we walked together towards the AM PM, I shared my faith and why I believed what I did. Shy was polite and listened, and even asked some questions. At the end of the walk, where I would turn towards the Hostel, Shy asked if I would like to continue the conversation.

....wait a second.

Continue the conversation? I pulled out the litmus test that all women should know when doing evangelism:

"You know, I can't guarantee that I'd be the one to call you, but I know some people who will be in Israel longer than me who would be able to explain all of this better, and probably be able to answer your question better than I."

Shy looked at me. He wrote down his e-mail and as he handed the paper back to me, he said,

"You know, I'm interested in you and not your religion..."

RED FLAG.

You better believe that I was wishing him well and high-tailing it out of there.

But I will continue to pray. And I think it'd be great if you guys prayed too. His heart, though momentarily confused, is definitely being pursued by the Lord.

Don't worry, I washed the pee of my foot.

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend. I miss you! And I am close to your hometown RIGHT NOW!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Shy. Glad you washed your foot off haha.

    ReplyDelete