Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Springtime

Spring Break.
It's actually 80 degrees today in Chicago.

Chicago is usually flighty in the spring. And fickle. One minute blizzarding, the next sending a soft breeze to ruffle your hair and tickle the back of your neck to remind you that something better is on its way.
But today, today Chicago is balmy. Hazy, even. And I like it.

Except I read something disturbing in the newspaper today. Several somethings disturbing in the newspaper, actually. But this one was a fashion consultant who was giving Chicagoans advice on how to dress when the weather was just completely unpredictable.

(You'd think that the sky was falling here. )

1. Don't wear bare all your leg yet. It's only March for goodness sake.
2. Don't wear sandals. It's only March for goodness sake.
3. Don't put the two together. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's only... ok, you get it.

It's interesting to me the way that this story actually made the cover of the newspaper, while an article I read on Obama's unwillingness to support Israel was neatly tucked away on page 16, in the bottom left (or right, I don't remember) corner.

It's like, our society wants to make you think that Fashion Threat Level is at Orange and that everything else is fine and chipper.

Well, I'm not going to just fall prey to this. I'm going to get to praying for our nation. And Israel.

And then I'm going to find a mini-skirt, sandals, and a tank top because it's 80 degrees today.
Stickin' it to the man.

oh yeah. read this:
stuffbiblecollegestudentslike.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment